Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wordle


I love this Wordle tool http://www.wordle.net/create and have used it with classes to offer a fresh look at a piece of text. The words used most often in a selection of text appear larger than the rest...

Very interesting here how the text for my yearly evaluation came out in this image... I'm glad it highlights the word "Faculty" which is my main focus on my campus - how I can best serve the needs of faculty on my campus in terms of technology and teaching.... The tool, I think, gives a person a chance to think about a topic in a totally different light - and can serve as a meditation on the topic - Gosh, when I think of the words I see - Faculty, support, use, projects, angel, teaching, resources, technology - so interesting. How can you measure/describe/evaluate the work completed in any given year???

2 comments:

haagportfolio said...

This is fun to play with. We should hand in our FARs using Wordle!

Suzanne Shaffer said...

I know - That's exactly what I was thinking - ha!!!