Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Digital Media in the Classroom

Demo of the new tool Voicethread - designed to capture oral discussions around any topic - Put pics in the center and invite others to comment on it - those comments appear around the edges and if you mouse over them, you hear (or see them ) People can leave comments in 5 ways: text, video, or audio via direct recording, phone call, or import of audio files.

3 comments:

Cole Camplese said...

Voicethread is a great tool ... I used this as part of a digital storytelling workshop I attended about a year and a half ago. People loved the simplicity and the way groups could create collaborative pieces. Nice videos and a good hair day!

Suzanne Shaffer said...

Hey Cole,
Thanks for posting! I used it with my ESL students last week - posted a funny pic and they had to come up with the story - so it allowed them to use language but also to have to think about how they structure the story - which hopefully helps with their writing....

Nice surprise to see an actual posting to the blog - I think you may be the first - ha!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzanne,
Just catching up on my emails and exploring through the newsletter. So many good ideas and suggestions!

Marsha