First, What are our individual goals for being in the group? - What would we like to accomplish/do/get support for? Are we taking one course as fully online for FA 08 delivery - others as blended?
Second, What level of support do we need to meet these goals? - instructional design help, multi-media support for resource development, software?
Third, Where should we gather and house the resources that we find that can be shared later with others - this blog?
Fourth - What's our plan of attack - time line?
This semester, I'm trying to sample as many different examples of online learning as I can - I'm taking 2 graduate courses online through IU Bloomington and I'm in training at U. of Phoenix (Axia College - their developmental ed arm) to teach classes for them soon, and I just finished facilitator training for Learning Sciences International, a group doing online professional development for K-12 teachers in PA - so I'm getting a LOT of useful information about what works... at undergraduate and graduate levels in terms of design and facilitation...
The Quality Matters rubric probably should be our guide in design because it will be the standard for courses getting acceptance to the elearning cooperative (the place where campus online courses go to get a wider audience) It has been suggested that for our first run of any course, we should stay completely local (only PSY students) - work out the kinks, then go to the eLearning cooperative... what do you think....
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment